Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Reservations Update

Just like Yvonne, I want to encourage everyone to make reservations for the reunion. It would help us greatly in the planning to know which families are committed to attending and to begin getting a head count. For anyone not interested in camping, I called some lodging options this morning and got the following information:

Hueston Woods Lodge & Family Cabins 5201 Lodge Road, College Corner, Ohio 45003 513.664.3500 Fax: 513.523.1522 (Front Desk) http://www.huestonwoodsstateparklodge.com/

They have 7 double rooms, 4 king rooms and 5 family cabins left to be booked directly on the park property. Starting at $139.

Comfort Inn 5056 College Corner Pike, Oxford, OH (513) 524-0114 http://www.comfortinn.com/hotel-oxford-ohio-OH538

They have 24 rooms left starting at $159.‎

Best Western Sycamore Inn 6 E Sycamore, Oxford, OH (513) 523-0000 http://www.bestwestern.com/

They have 50 rooms open starting at $122.

Baymont Inn & Suites 5190 College Corner Pike, Oxford, OH (513) 523-2722 http://www.baymontinns.com/Baymont/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=70233

They have 60 rooms left starting at $90.

Holiday Inn Hotel Oxford 75 South Main St, Oxford, OH (513) 524-2002 http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/oxford/oxhoh/hoteldetail

They have 21 suites left starting at $164.95.

Butler Inn Oxford 5235 College Corner Pike, Oxford, OH (513) 523-6306 ‎

I called and had a strange experience that makes me wonder if this number has been reassigned and the hotel is out of business. I may have woken up some poor MU student really early. Try to book at your own peril ;).

Oxford Inn 5399 College Corner Road, Oxford, OH (513) 523-1880 ‎

I called this place and got a generic message on an answering machine. No indication that this is a hotel, so you’re on your own with this one.

Marcum Conference Center & Miami Inn 351 North Fisher Drive, Oxford, OH (513) 529-6911 ‎ http://www.hdg.muohio.edu/marcum/

This seems to be a historic property located on a corner of the beautiful Miami University campus. They have rooms starting at $89 according to the online reservations system. As I was making my calls early, I didn’t talk to a person, but you can do so here: 513-529-2104 or 513-529-6911.

7 comments:

  1. Great Work, Yvonne!!!!!!! Appreciate all your efforts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debby, that work this morning was done by Viviane... she has been a wondeful partner in planning this event!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yvonne and Viviane,
    I have booked my room at the Hueston Woods Lodge. I'm bringing my mom with me. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so helpful!!! Thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Y and V!!
    Just made my reservations for the lodge. Can't wait to enjoy the weekend with everyone! We will be coming in Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought we wouldn't be in the States this late in the summer, but it looks like we might. As soon as I've booked our tickets, I'll check if it's possible for us to come.
    We'll be near Traverse city, and I don't know if we can get to this place.
    I really hope we can come.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just made our reservations for the lodge. We will also be coming in on Friday!

    ReplyDelete